Audi’s little S1 Quattro rocket ship has had a few problems when it comes to its cooling system, this water pump – thermostat housing has had seven re-designs since its original design due to failing water pumps and leaking joints.
To replace the water pump – thermostat housing on the Audi S1 Quattro is a fairly big job, we have to:
- Drain the cooling system
- Disconnect fuel lines and cooling hoses
- Remove inlet manifold stabiliser bars
- Remove the complete inlet manifold
- Unbolt water pump drive cover
- Remove the water pump and housing
- Clean all surface faces and hose joints
- Rebuild using genuine parts and all new seals
- Refill with anti freeze and bleed cooling system
- Road test and re-check
The water pump is driven off a small drive belt running from an internal engine shaft and should be replaced along with the water pump – thermostat housing.
Once all the work was carried out and all final tests done the car was handed back to a very happy customer.
Your friendly car garage in Derby
Give us a call at Aarons Autos for more info.