This beautiful Mercedes ML63 AMGcame in for a brake check after its owner had noticed the brake warning light had come on, after a quick strip down and report the customer gave us the go ahead to replace its MASSIVE front brake discs and pads and rear pads.
The front brake discs on this three tonne 500+ horse power beast are 395mm in diameter! to put that into context a ford focus has 270mm discs! The AMG also runs Brembo six pot callipers on the front for optimum braking.
The owner of this Scirocco R came to have his own lowering spings fitted as he wanted the car to sit lower.
There are Pro”s and Con’s to fitting lowering springs to a road car the Pro’s are –
- Better handling (centre of gravity is lower and springs are generally slightly stiffer than OE)
- Better looking (not everyone thinks so, but if your a petrol head they do)
- Very hard drive (UK’s roads are not the best so you feel every bump and pot hole)
- Can cause stress to other car parts (if it feels hard to you imagine how the car feels)
- Speed bumps (self explanatory)
This BMW 325 Compact Track car came in for a quick Geometry check and adjust before its owners took it to Bedford Autodrome for their Track Day, the owners had fitted all the suspension components them selves and just wanted the alignment checking to make sure it didn’t kill tyres and they could get the optimum performance from their new kit.